The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
|Franklin Public Schools |
"the key to learning"
1. Routine BusinessCitizen’s Comments
Review of Agenda
Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the June 9, 2015 School Committee Meeting.
Payment of Bills - Mr. Clement
Payroll - Mrs. Douglas
FHS Student Representatives
Budget to Actual – Miriam Goodman
2. Guests/Presentationsa. Remington Middle School Update
- Paul Peri, Brian Wildeman
b. Jefferson Elementary Update
– Linda Ashley, Sarah Klim
c. FHS Guidance Update
– Heather McVay, Josh MacCreery & Jennifer D’Amico
3. Discussion Only ItemsPolicy
– First Readings:
KF – Community Use of School Facilities
KF-E1 – Rules and Regulations
KF-E2 – FHS Building Use
KF-E3 – Facility Rental Fee Schedule
KF-E4 – FHS Facility Rental Fee Schedule
KF-E5 – FHS Grounds Rental Fees
GCCD – Domestic Violence Leave Policy
4. Action Itemsa. I recommend moving the following Policies to a second reading:
1. KF – Community Use of School Facilities
2. KF-E1 – Rules and Regulations
3. KF-E2 – FHS Building Use
4. KF-E3 – Facility Rental Fee Schedule
5. KF-E4 – FHS Facility Rental Fee Schedule
6. KF-E5 – FHS Grounds Rental Fees
7. (NEW)GCCD – Domestic Violence Leave Policy
b. I recommend the acceptance of two checks totaling $589.71 for FHS as follows:
1. $189.71 Ahold Financial Svc. – Gift Accountc. I recommend acceptance of two checks totaling $2,370.16 for Keller Elementary School as follows:
2. $400.00 John T. Ombelets/ Elizabeth A. John - Scholarship
1. $370.16 O’Connor Portraiture, Inc. – In-house enrichmentd. I recommend acceptance of the donation of a Maple Tree (value $150 - 250) from the JF Kennedy PCC for playground shade at JF Kennedy Elementary School.
2. $2,000.00 IBM - supplemental curriculum materials
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $150.00 from the Parmenter PCC for a Field Trip.
f. I recommend acceptance of a check for $25.00 from Target’s Thanks a Billion Program for supplemental supplies at Davis Thayer Elementary School.
5. Information MattersSuperintendent’s Report
School Committee Sub
School Committee Liaison Reports