- Attleboro, 3 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Franklin rallied for two runs in the bottom of the seventh, the second scored by Jake Lyons (1-3, BB) on a wild pitch as the Panthers walked off with the win. Junior Tyler Gomes went 2-3 with a pair of RBI and Mike Skaza also added two hits for Franklin. Nick Santucci added a double, a walk and two runs scored. Ryan Morse earned the win after pitching a scoreless top half of the seventh. Bryan Woelful pitched a scoreless sixth in relief while sophomore Jake Noviello got a no decision after five innings of work, striking out seven with four walks. Attleboro’s Nate Tellier pitched six innings, striking out eight and scattering six hits. Jon Dunn went 3-3 with a walk for the Bombardiers, James Weir went 2-4 with two RBI and Patrick Collins had two hits, including a double.
- Attleboro, 0 @ Franklin, 12
– Final (5 inn.) – Clara DeCarvalho belted a three run home run and Julia Arms, Olivia DiGiacomo and Maddie Connelly all knocked in a pair of runs in Franklin’s big win. DeCarvalho went 2-4 with four RBI on the day while Connelly was 2-4, Arms went 2-2 with a walk and DiGiacomo was 1-3. Alex Niss added two hits at the plate for the Panthers. Kim Moulton and Amanda Mandall connected for a 6-3-2 double play, halting a threat from the Bombardiers. Caroline D’Aprile tossed three shutout innings with four strikeouts while Emily Sawyer pitched a scoreless final two innings.
- Franklin, 7 @ Grafton, 10 – Final
- Franklin, 4 vs. Notre Dame Academy, 15 – Final
Josh Perry, Managing Editor of Hockomock Sports, provides a detailed report on the girls lacrosse game
- Attleboro, 0 @ Franklin, 5 – Final
– Franklin freshman Dan Barrow didn’t drop a single game at third singles, winning 6-0, 6-0 to spark the Panthers. Junior Rahul Herur won 6-1, 6-0 at first singles and classmate Eli Brooks battled back for a 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 win at second singles. James Johnston and Tom Mancini won 6-1, 6-0 at first doubles and Tyler DiPalma and Derek Wu won 6-1, 6-2 at second doubles for Franklin.
- Franklin, 5 @ Attleboro, 0 – Final
– The Panthers didn’t drop a game at first singles or doubles on their way to the sweep. Hannah Sweeney won 6-0, 6-0 at first singles and the team of Anja Deric and Katelyn Davenport won 6-0, 6-0 at first doubles. Steph Schiavo won 6-4, 6-1 at second singles and Madison Derby won 6-4, 6-4 at third singles. Franklin’s Hailey Strier and Kristina Stoyanova won 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 at second doubles.
For all the results around the Hockomock League on Monday
|Franklin struggled to contain the Notre Dame Academy attack on Monday night, falling |
to the top ranked Cougars 15-4. (Josh Perry/HockomockSports.com)