Wednesday, September 14, 2016

FHS girls soccer tops Milford, cross country teams split vs Oliver Ames

From Hockomock Sports we share the FHS fall sports results from Tuesday

Girls Soccer

Milford, 0 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
 – Miranda Smith scored a pair of goals for the Panthers and Nadia Havens recorded a goal and an assist. Halle Atkinson also had a goal for Franklin, while Ellie Teixeira, Abigail Gipson, and Emily Mastaj had assists. Ashleigh Starks played well in midfield for the Hawks, according to head coach Jay Mastaj.

Boys Cross Country

Oliver Ames, 25 @ Franklin, 30 – Final 
– Oliver Ames secured three of the top five spots to edge out the Panthers. OA’s Brent Schwartz won in 17:31 while Zane Reservitz finished fourth in 18:03 and Colin Herschlag was fifth at 18:05. Franklin’s Everett Henderson finished in second at 17:44 and Mike Hagen was third at 17:49.

Girls Cross Country

Oliver Ames, 32 @ Franklin, 23 
– Final – Franklin grabbed the top three finishes in the meet, securing the win over Oliver Ames. Nicole Clermont won the race in 19:58 with Kate Hartnett finishing second in 21:22 and Ella Gutkowski rounding out the top three in 21:51. Liz Peckham, Anna Loewald, Caroline McCarthy, and Jordan Rainville finished in the fourth through seventh places for OA.
For the remainder of the results around the Hockomock League on Tuesday 
FHS Panthers
FHS Panthers

Joe Clark, Student Reporter provides a detailed report on the girls soccer game versus Milford

"Franklin girls soccer kicked off their home opener today at 3:30 against Milford. By 3:31, the Panthers were already up 1-0. 
Junior forward Miranda Smith stole the ball from a Milford defender and then netted a goal just seven seconds into the game. Franklin went on to score three more goals in a 4-0 win over the Scarlet Hawks. 
After the goal, the teams battled back and forth., Franklin threatened again in the 11th minute, but Milford goalkeeper Olivia Marshall made a save on Smith to keep the score at 1-0. Franklin maintained a slight possession advantage for the rest of the half but Milford continued to battle to keep the game close."

Read the full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment