TOWN OF FRANKLIN, BOARD OF REGISTRARS
CERTIFICATION – RECOUNT TOWN CLERK POSITION
"We, Deborah L. Pellegri, Town Clerk, Anne M. Woodring, Elynor Crothers and Emergency appointment Registrar Lesley A. McCaffrey, being all members of the Board of Registrars for the Town of Franklin, do hereby certify the following acts concerning the recount of ballots on the position of Town Clerk for the Town of Franklin.
We hereby state the following:
- Proper documentation to call a recount of votes for the position of Town Clerk was filed by candidate Diane Padula-O’Neill. Total voted difference was 32 votes.
- Names were certified and a Recount of votes was scheduled for November 19, 2015.
- A hand count was requested.
- Present at the recount, other than my staff, were observers for Teresa M. Burr and Diane Padula-O’Neill. Attorney Dennis Newman represented Padula-O’Neill and James Mullen, Town Clerk Hopdale, represented Burr.
- The results changed by awarding 1 extra vote to Teresa Burr giving her the total number of 33 ballot difference and declared her the winner of the Town Clerk race.
- Total vote counts:
- Teresa M. Burr 1114
- Paul Cheli 472
- Diane Padula-O’Neill 1081
- Elizabeth Simon 978
- Blanks 199
- Total ballots hand counted 3844
The Registrars were asked to review 1 ballot to make the determination of voter intent. The decision was upheld by those representatives present. Everyone was in agreement.
Attested on the 20th day of November, 2015
Deborah L. Pellegri, CMC
Town Clerk/Election Administrator
Theresa M. Burr was sworn into office on November 20, 2015 by Deborah L. Pellegri, CMC, Town Clerk"
|the south pond at DelCarte|
Download and read the full Annual Report for the Town of Franklin FY 2016
Prior year annual reports can be foundhttp://www.franklinma.gov/administrator/pages/annual-reports
Post a Comment