Monday, January 1, 2018

“We arrived to find heavy fire in the attic”

From the Milford Daily News, articles of interest for Franklin:

"Firefighters battled both a raging blaze and sub-freezing temperatures Sunday as a fire gutted a Jordan Road house. 
A resident of the home - at 76 Jordan Road - was taken to Milford Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation, said Fire Chief Gary McCarraher. The call first came in at 9:49 a.m. 
Passers-by Barbara Steele and Gina Harrold said they were walking through the neighborhood Sunday morning - as they do most weekends - when, after passing the crest of a hill, they saw smoke coming from the house. 
Harrold said she banged on the door and honked the horn of a vehicle in the driveway. The homeowner, she said, told the two not to call the fire department, as he had extinguished the fire. The women urged him to leave the house. They called 911."
Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)

fire department in action on Jordan Road
fire department in action on Jordan Road

No comments:

Post a Comment