Boys Soccer = Franklin, 0 @ Mansfield, 2 – Final
– Mansfield senior Luke Savoie continued his hot start to the season, scoring a pair of goals in the Hornets’ win over Franklin. After a throw from Cam Eddy, freshman Dylan Buchanan found Savoie to put the Hornets up 1-0 in the 22nd minute. And just before halftime, Graham Wells played Savoie in behind the defense and the senior finished one-on-one with the keeper. Anthony Salisbury (five saves) and Cam Bovey (five saves) combined for the shutout for Mansfield.
Girls Soccer = Mansfield, 1 @ Franklin, 0 – Final
– game Recap and Photo Gallery shared separately
Field Hockey = Franklin, 2 @ Mansfield, 4 – Final
– For Franklin, Regan Patterson and Amanda Lewandowski each had first half goals but the Panthers fell on the road to Mansfield. Cassi Ronan set Paterson up at the 22nd mark of the first half while Maeve Ledwith assisted on Lewandowski’s goal just over four minutes later. Anna Jardine made 11 saves in net for Franklin.
Volleyball = Franklin, 3 @ Mansfield, 0 – Final
– Franklin senior Lauren McGrath went on a 9-0 service run during the third set to help the Panthers put away a pesky Mansfield side, 3-0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-5). McGrath also had 25 assists and two aces while Riley Marino added seven digs and two aces. Maggie Doyle had a team-high eight kills and three blocks, Ellie Wisniewski added seven kills, Peyton Arone chipped in with six kills, and Hailey Sanders finished with five kills for Franklin. For Mansfield, Sam Sternberg had 11 digs, Katie Dardinski had five digs, and Olivia McGrath finished with six kills.
Boys Cross Country = King Philip, 36 @ Franklin, 23 – Final
– Franklin took four of the top six spots and seven of the top 10 to earn a victory over King Philip. Junior Tyler Brogan took first with 16:22, edging out King Philip’s Mike Griffin. Franklin senior Michael Hagen was third while sophomore Nicholas Calitri and senior Dylan Kehoe were fifth and sixth, respectively.
Girls Cross Country = King Philip, 30 @ Franklin, 27 – Final
– King Philip had the top two finishers but Franklin’s depth paid off, taking the next three spots and five of the top eight spots. KP’s Maya Evans was first followed by teammate Ryenn Hart. Franklin’s Julia Fenerty, Sidney Hawks, and Kat Walbert were third, fourth, and fifth overall, respectively.
Golf = Franklin, 165 @ Attleboro, 178 – Final
– Franklin’s Matt D’Errico earned match medalist honors, carding a round of 39 to pace the Panthers to a win at Stone-E-Lea over Attleboro. Jack Paterson added a 40 and Quinten Faro carded a 40 for Franklin. For Attleboro, Jake Moulton had a team-low round of 42.
For other results around the Hockomock League on Monday
|FHS volleyball, golf, and both cross |
country teams post wins on Monday
Post a Comment