New Year's Resolutions come in many stripes; here at Mass Poetry we're resolved to double our reach in 2019. But to do that, we need your help.
In 2018, we put poetry in front of more New Englanders than ever before:
· With our "Poetry on the T" program, tens of thousands of Bostonians encountered a poem on their commute, while riding the T;
· More than 4,000 middle school and high school students across the state of Massachusetts participated in one of our "Student Day of Poetry" events – for many of those students it was their first encounter with poetry;
· Thousands of people from across New England attended our Poetry Festival this past year in Salem;
· Hundreds of classrooms and book groups used our Common Threads poetry guide to celebrate National Poetry Month;
· Our Spring Showers poetry installation at the Prudential Center in Boston brought poetry to a whole new audience.
But our aspirations for 2019 are even greater. Why? Because words matter. In our increasingly connected-but-distant world, poetry captures a kind of magic that makes the moment sing. Bringing poetry to all kinds of communities around Massachusetts is the purpose of Mass Poetry – and your contribution, no matter how modest, makes a difference. With your help, we can double our reach in 2019. Please give today.