Baseball = Franklin, 1 @ Taunton, 0 – Final (11 inn.)
– With the bases loaded in the top of the 11th, Franklin senior Alex Haba stole home for the winning run for the Panthers. Haba singled up the middle to reach base and was on third with two outs before sprinting home. It was a pitcher’s duel between starters Brennan Rivera (8IP, 4H, 4K 0BB) and Taunton’s Jack Moynihan (8IP, 3H, 10K, 1BB). Will Pacheco earned the win in relief for Franklin, tossing two innings with three hits, two walks, and one strikeout. Liam Dailey inherited the tying run in the bottom of the 11th but earned three straight outs for the save. Danny MacDougall and Andrew Gomes had two hits apiece for Taunton.
Softball = Taunton @ Franklin – Postponed to Wednesday, 4/24 at 3:45.
Boys Tennis = Taunton, 0 @ Franklin, 5 – Final
– Franklin won all five matches in straight sets to knock off visiting Taunton. Liam Marr won 6-3, 6-2 at first singles, Rohan Herur secured a 6-1, 6-2 win at second singles, and Shoyaib Shaik won 6-3, 6-0 at third singles. The team of Saketh Saripalli and Vayshnav Malhotra won 6-1, 6-1 at first doubles while Shoumik Sompally and Saket Gandham paired up for a 6-0, 6-0 win at second doubles.
Girls Tennis = Franklin, 0 @ Taunton, 5 – Final
– The Tigers defended home court with a sweep over visiting Franklin. Jillian Pagliuca won 6-0, 6-0 at first singles, McKenzie Lucie earned a 6-1, 6-0 decision at second singles, and Jocelyn Pagliuca won by default at third singles. The team of Sam Martin and Brianna Fevrier didn’t drop a game in a 6-0, 6-0 win at first doubles while Ogechi Ariguzo and Cayeesha Charles earned a 7-5, 6-0 win at second doubles.
Boys Outdoor Track = Franklin, 50 @ Mansfield, 86 – Final
– Mansfield’s Andrew Williams won three events, anchoring a sweep in the high jump, to help the Hornets get a win over Franklin. Williams took first in the high jump (6’2) with Ethan Thevenot (5’10) and Drew Rooney (5’6) taking second and third. Williams also won the long jump (16’2) and the 110M hurdles (16.6). Greg Waters was a double winner for Mansfield, taking the 100M dash in 11.1 and the 200M in 23.2 with Anthony Comer taking second in both events. Other winners for Mansfield included Danny Knight (400M, 51.9), Jason Windvogel (800M, 2:00.4) and Danny Rapoza (javelin, 144′ 2.5″).
Girls Outdoor Track = Franklin, 54 @ Mansfield, 82 – Final
– Mansfield senior Amanda Mangano shined, winning four events to help the Hornets beat visiting Franklin. Mangano won 100M dash, 200M dash, long jump, and the high jump for the Hornets. Freshmen Anna Darlington (400M) and Megan Johnston, (2 Mile) each won an event while classmate Anna Buckley broke the school record for freshman in the triple jump and the high jump. Senior Julia Hill won the triple jump while taking second in the 400M hurdles and the long jump.
For the other results around the Hockomock League