This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 202 in the series, that we are now producing in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
The Economic Development Subcommittee chaired by Councilor Melanie Hamblen met on Wednesday, Feb 5, 2020 at 5:30 PM.
Town Administrator Jamie Hellen, Councilor Andy Bissanti (member), Councilor Glenn Jones (member), Community Development and Planning Director Bryan Taberner and Councilor Eamon Earls (member - arrived late) spoke during the meeting. Assistant to Town Administrator Chrissy Whelton, Admin Assistant Alicia Alleyne, and Joseph Halligan (Vice-Chair Planning Board) participated but did not speak.
Town Council Chair Tom Mercer was also present for part of the meeting but did not actively participate to avoid the Open Meeting Law requirements (can’t have more than 4 Councilors in a meeting without having a Town Council agenda posted).
1. EDC Goals Prioritization Review
an extended discussion around the items on the Town Council goals listing that were aligned for the EDC and a few others added to it which you'll hear during the discussion2. Lot Line Clean up #3: Areas near Pleasant, Chestnut & Brook Streets
a continuation of the plot line clean up effort so each plot would be contained within a single zone as opposed to being split over a couple of themGet a copy of this agenda on the Town of Franklin page
Without further ado, here is the recording for the meeting approx 80 minutes
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but I can't do it alone. I can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like this, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements.
Thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
Town Council Meeting
2020 and 2021 Goals
Town Council Workshop
January 8, 2020
Economic Development - To the EDC
- Revise Solar Bylaw in Residential districts - in process.
- Continue Lot Line "Clean ups" around town - in process.
- Zoning Changes
- lnclusionary Zoning bylaw proposal to stabilize the Town's Affordable Housing Inventory with the state to ensure we maintain 10% affordable housing stock and preserving local zoning -- March 4th EDC
- Master Plan Update before the Council -- Expected June/July 2020
- Draft and Adopt state Affordable Housing Plan
- Residential 5 and C-1 density
- The Franklin Crossing Neighborhood District rezone
- Approve Snow Removal bylaw on sidewalks - To review per TC April/May
- Present Economic Profile to the Town Council - EDC to evaluate or implement ideas based off of the recommendations in the final report - Tentative March Presentation
- Ferrara Parking Lot Lease for continued commuter rail and free municipal parking in downtown -- in process.
- Nu-Style (Grove Street) options
- Review BioTechnology Bylaw (EDC)
- Analyze Food requirement and closing hours for restaurants (EDC)
- Review and cleanup Marijuana Overlay District
- Revise Over 55 Overlay, including open space requirement (EDC)
- Monitor Mixed Innovation Business District (EDC)
- MBTA parking Lot in Downtown
You can find the full agenda doc (including the plot line proposal map)
The Economic Development page referenced during the meeting
|FM #202 - Economic Development Subcommittee - Feb 5, 2020 (audio)|