Ihssane Leckey’s makeshift studio greets visitors as soon as they enter her apartment.Continue reading the article online (subscription may be required)
A lighting device is mounted to a step ladder, aimed at her desk. Her laptop is perched on top of a WiFi booster box. On a recent afternoon, she untangled any problems that might arise during her virtual town hall, which was scheduled to begin in about 30 minutes. A campaign worker beamed in on her screen to assist in the troubleshooting, as her dog, Benji, stretched by her feet.
“This is the fun part: the problem-solving,” said Leckey, a social justice activist vying to fill the 4th Congressional District seat being vacated by U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy III, who is running for the Senate.
Just weeks ago, candidates - from presidential to local school board - were shaking hands, knocking on doors, and holding crowded campaign rallies. That’s all been halted, as health experts urge the public to practice social distancing to slow the spread of the new coronavirus.
Web pages for the 9 candidate who are in the running for Kennedy's seat
- Ihssane Leckey https://ihssane.org/
- Jesse Mermell https://jessemermell.com/
- Herb Robinson http://www.herbrobinson.us/
- Ben Sigel https://bensigelforcongress.com/
- Becky Grossman https://beckygrossman.com/
- Alan Khazei https://alankhazei.com/
- Dave Cavell https://www.davecavell.com/
- Jake Auchincloss https://www.jakeforma.com/
- Thomas Stack https://www.shackforcongress.com/