FM #448 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 448 in the series.
This session shares the Franklin, MA School Committee - Davis Thayer Facility Analysis Subcommittee meeting held on Thursday, Jan 28, 2021.
The meeting was conducted in a remote format; all the subcommittee, Central Office personnel and the public participants were remote via conference bridge, to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda and to my notes.
The recording runs just about 1 hour and 40 minutes
Let’s listen to this segment of the Davis Thayer Facility Analysis meeting of Jan 28, 2021. Audio file = https://franklin-ma-matters.captivate.fm/episode/fm-448-schcomm-davis-thayer-fa-mtg-01-28-21
- Review of the 5 options as discussed at the meeting last week. Committee should have had time since then to review and prepare, final questions, clarifications asked of each option as they went through each one
- The three members got to outline their background and approach to decision and what the factors were for them; Superintendent and Business Administrator also asked for their views
- Consensus across the group for recommending to close in September, acting now to start planning for a good transition. Recognizing not an easy decision to close, or even in the pandemic period, but it is the best for the students across the district
- Next meeting to work on the proposal and outline of decision factors for the full committee to decide at a future meeting (time TBD, could be as early as the Feb 9 meeting - stay tuned.)
Davis Thayer Facility Analysis folder
Davis Thayer Closing Options memo
My notes from the meeting
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank
you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @
gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|FM #448 School Comm - Davis Thayer Facility Analysis Mtg - 01/28/21 (audio)|
Post a Comment