The Franklin (MA) Town Council met as scheduled on Wednesday, Sep 20, 2023. There was a full and varied agenda accomplished in the 2 hour 16 minute meeting. All nine members were present in Council Chambers.
The Franklin TV video replay is available -> https://www.youtube.com/live/bF13Dgn_6qs
- Three appointments to individual committees were unanimously approved. a. Council on Aging - Collette Ferguson b. Finance Committee - Heather Sanscoucy c. Municipal Affordable Housing Trust - Kimberly Mu-Chow
- Franklin Elks Riders presented a donation of $1k, the Franklin Elks Bingo donated $10k to the Town of Franklin veterans services
- Council goals review, a long list of accomplishments, a list to be proud of
- The funds previously allocated for purchase of a new ambulance were authorized to be paid to the vendor to hold the contract and avoid a price increase - Resolution 23-54: Ambulance Transfer & Appropriation
- The Council discussed and approved placement of the debt exclusion to fund the Franklin portion of the Tri-County RVTHS new building. The question language approved was as follows:
"Shall the Town of Franklin be allowed to exempt from the provisions of proposition two and one-half, so-called, the amounts required to pay the Town’s allocable share of the bonds issued by the Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical School District to pay costs of designing constructing and equipping a new high school to be located at 147 Pond Street, in Franklin, including the payment of all costs incidental or related thereto?"
- The Open Space & Recreation Plan developed over the course of 15 months, muti[;e meetings and 3 public hearings was approved by the Council. IT will be submitted to the State and assuming their acceptance will also be part of the Master Plan Update now underway
- Town Administrators report provided updates on the migrant housing situation, the demolition delay report and a report on decommissioning a section of Spring Street.
The Council agenda doc including supporting documents
My notes captured during the meeting in one PDF for easy reading
|Mark Ellis presenting the $10,000 check from bingo|
|Elks riders presenting the check for $1000|