The Franklin Public Schools will foster within its students the knowledge and skills to find and achieve satisfaction in life as productive global citizens.
The Franklin Public Schools, in collaboration with the community, will cultivate each student's intellectual, social, emotional and physical potential through rigorous academic inquiry and informed problem solving skills within a safe, nurturing and respectful environment.
"The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law."
1. Routine Business
• Citizen’s Comments
• Review of Agenda
• Minutes: I recommend approval of the Open and Executive Session minutes from the February 15, 2011 School Committee Meeting, and the Budget Workshop minutes from January 29, 2011.
• Payment of Bills - Mr. Glynn
• Payroll - Mrs. Douglas
• FHS Student Representatives
1. Budget to Actual
a. FHS Visioning Committee – Peter Light, Team
b. FHS Program of Study – Peter Light
c. FHS Summer Reading – Peter Light, Chris Schmidt
3. Discussion Only Items
• Policy – First Reading: JICFB - Bullying
4. Action Items
a. I recommend approval of the RMS trip to the Providence Place Mall IMAX Theater on April 15, 2011 as detailed.
b. I recommend acceptance of a check for $2666.00 from the Parmenter PCC for Field Trips.
5. Information Matters
• Superintendent’s Report
• School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
• School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
• To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Executive Session
• Contractual Negotiations