"The FOGO (“face-off, get-off”) position can sometimes be overlooked, as the players may only be on the field for a few minutes and many times are on the bench or heading back to the box when the ball finds the back of the net. But when a FOGO dominates a game, those few minutes of playing time can play a critical role in the final result.
Freshman Jake Alexander has come in this season and provided a spark for Franklin and on Monday night his domination of the face-off ‘X’ (winning all but three face-offs) provided a platform for the Panthers to break away in the second half and get one step closer to a fourth straight league title.
Franklin turned a two-goal lead at halftime into as much as a 10-goal lead in the fourth quarter and rolled to a 13-6 victory over the Warriors at Pisini Field, leaving games against Oliver Ames and Milford between the Panthers and a perfect league record."Continue reading the article online
For additional photos from Hockomock Sports for the KP-FHS lacrosse game
|Jake Alexander (2) dominated the face-off ‘X’ again on Monday and helped Franklin |
pull out a win against KP. (Josh Perry/HockomockSports.com)
- Taunton, 2 @ Franklin, 6 – Final
– Franklin turned a two run lead in the fourth inning to a comfortable cushion in a league win over Taunton. Nick Santucci connected for a two-out RBI triple in the inning, finishing the game 3-4 with a run. Jake Lyons added two RBI while Joe Corsi was 2-3 with an RBI and three runs scored. Josh Macchi added two hits, including a double, and scored a run for the Panthers. Sophomore Jason Ulrickson was solid on the mound in a complete game effort, scattering five hits while walking one to get the win. Ulrickson struck out four with just one walk. Taunton’s Kevin Griffin went 2-3 with an RBI while Luke Figueira (2-3) and Joe Manchester (1-3) each scored a run for the Tigers.
- Taunton, 6 @ Franklin, 2 – Final
– The Tigers’ offense cashed in in the fifth and sixth innings to get the win over the Panthers. Taunton scored four runs in the fifth and then tacked on two more in the sixth inning while Franklin scored twice in the seventh. Aimee Kistner got her 11th win of the season, striking out five while scattering four hits in a complete game effort. Kistner also paced the offense, going 4-4 with a pair of RBI while Jordan Wade was 3-3 with a triple, a walk and an RBI. Jaime Brown went 1-2 for the Tigers with a sac bunt, a walk and an RBI and Kya Enos added a double and an RBI. Allie Shea went 1-2 for Franklin with a pair of walks and knocked in both of the Panthers’ runs.
- Taunton, 0 @ Franklin, 5 – Final
– It was a clean sweep for Franklin, who won all five matches in straight sets. Rahul Herur won 6-2, 6-1 at first singles, Eli Brooks ton 6-2, 6-0 at second singles and Dan Barrow won 6-3, 6-2 at third singles. Cam Piana and James Johnston took home a 6-1, 6-1 win at first doubles and Tyler DiPalma and Derek Wu won 6-0, 6-1 at second doubles.
- Franklin, 3 @ Taunton, 2 – Final
– Franklin went on the road and extracted a bit of revenge by avenging an early season loss to the Tigers. The Panthers used a sweep in singles play to edge of the Tigers. Junior Hannah Sweeney won 6-1, 6-0 at first singles while senior Anna Humphreys won 6-0, 6-1 at second singles and junior Anja Deric swept 6-0, 6-0 at third singles. Taunton’s Ashleigh Eason and Emily Moor won 7-6 (7-2), 3-0 (forfeit) at first doubles and Caroline Hebert and Jillian Pagliuca won 6-2, 6-0 at second doubles.
Boys and Girls Outdoor TrackHockomock League Championships (@ Taunton High), 2:30
- The FHS girls team finished 3rd overall and the boys finished 9th
For all the results from the track and field meet
For additional photos from Hockomock Sports for the track meet
For the remainder of the results around the Hockomock League on Monday
Post a Comment