From Hockomock Sports, we share the results of the FHS spring sports action on Thursday, April 27.
Baseball = Franklin, 12 @ Canton, 4 – Final
– Franklin’s offense got going early, plating three runs in each the first and second innings to earn a win over the Bulldogs. Jason Ulrickson earned the win in four innings of work, striking out four with just one earned allowed. Ulrickson also knocked in a pair of runs to help the offense. Both Jake Lyons (three runs, RBI) and Ryan Hodgkins (two runs, two RBI) went 3-for-3 while Cam Benham had two RBI and Matt Foley chipped in with two hits and two runs scored.
Softball = Canton, 0 @ Franklin, 9 – Final
– Jackie Cherry and Emily Valentino combined for nine strikeouts in the shutout win over Canton. “It was a solid team win,” said head coach Kate Fallon-Comeau. “Everyone contributed and did their jobs.”
Girls Lacrosse = Franklin, 19 @ Milford, 3
– Final – The Panthers picked up their 10th win of the season with a big victory on the road. Lauren Bissanti scored once and had two assists, Grace McDermott and Mairead Goguen each notched one goal and one assist and Lilly Kolb had two goals.
Boys Tennis = Canton, 0 @ Franklin, 5 – Final
– Franklin’s Rahul Herur walked away with a win at first singles after a marathon battle with Canton’s Jake Wolicki. Herur prevailed 5-7, 6-2, 10-8. Eli Brooks took second singles 6-3, 6-2 and Rohan Herur won 6-2, 7-6 (8-6) at third singles. James Johnston and Derek Wu notched a 6-1, 6-1 at first doubles and Tyler DiPalma and Rahul Hosdurg won 6-3, 6-0 at second doubles.
Girls Tennis = Franklin, 2 @ Canton, 3 – Final
– Franklin dropped just two games in winning first and second singles but Canton’s second doubles team prevailed in three sets to help the Bulldogs earn the win. Hannah Sweeney won 6-0, 6-0 at first singles and Anja Deric won 6-1, 6-1 at second singles for the Panthers. Canton’s team of Stelina Michaelidis and Sarah Hernandez battled back to win 6-7 (3-7), 6-2, 6-0 at second doubles. Kiki Karavas won 6-4, 6-3 at third singles and Julia Burkowski and Jena Moyle won 6-1, 6-2 at first doubles for Canton.
For the other scores around the Hockomock League