4. Action Items
a. I recommend budget transfers as detailed.
b. I recommend acceptance of a check for $2,000.00 from IBM Corp. for in-house enrichment at Keller Elementary School.
c. I recommend acceptance of a check for $24.00 from the Red Robin/The Kula Foundation for in-house enrichment at Franklin High School.
d. I recommend acceptance of the Parmenter 5th grade class gift of a buddy bench for the Parmenter Playground ($400.00 value).
e. I recommend acceptance of a check for $3.51 from Red Robin/The Kula Foundation for in-house enrichment at Davis Thayer Elementary School.
f. I recommend acceptance of a check for $2,805.00 from Franklin Music Parents for in-house enrichment for the Music Program.
items being read, and a hold may be raised on individual item, otherwise, the whole block could be voted on and approved as a block
Question on the buddy bench item. are there buddy benches elsewhere?
motion to accept actions items as discussed, seconded, passed 6-0
5. Information Matters
- Sara Klim, Jefferson interim princpal, holding initial meetings, has a transition plans
- placement letters will be mailed Aug 15, will update the website as well
- high school experience underway, over 350 students, about 420-450 expected in the class)
- students will get their schedules this week
- Chromebook delivery is delayed, units will be swapped out with new ones when available
School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
workshops on subject specific topics possible
Community Relations to plan coffee dates for the Fall to be set
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Motion to Adjourn
– Dr. O’Malley