As part of Governor Baker's recent Executive COVID-19 Order No. 33, the Town of Franklin will reopen its athletic fields, courts, and parks on Monday, May 25th as part of the Phase 1 re-entry.
Please see the attached document for details, protocols, and guidelines for the safe use of our facilities.
Signage will be posted.
May 22, 2020TO: Town of Franklin Residents, Businesses & Visitors
FROM: Jamie Hellen, Town Administrator
RE: Athletic Fields & Courts reopen Monday, May 25th
As part of Governor Baker’s recent Executive COVID-19 Order No. 33, the Town of Franklin will reopen its athletic fields, courts and parks on Monday, May 25th as part of the Phase 1 reentry.
The following actions apply:
● All town and school athletic fields, courts and parks and parking lots will reopen.
● Dacey Field Dog Park will reopen.
● All playground apparatus will remain closed, gates will remain locked, signage will be posted prohibiting use.
● All Nature Trails remain open in town and state forests and parks.
The Town mandates that all requirements in the Governor’s order be followed. Signage will be posted at each park and all conditions apply for Phase 1 reopening:
● Group size. Groups larger than 10 are n ot allowed to gather.
● Practice social distancing. Remain 6 feet away from others.
● Mandatory face coverings if social distancing is not possible.
● Wash & Sanitize hands and equipment before and after play.
● Please refrain from contact sports.
● Please take out what you bring in for equipment, trash, bottles, and clothing.
● Please disinfect or use precautions on railings, doors, gate handles and other common spots where transmission can be higher.
We ask all users of athletic fields, courts and nature trails to be courteous of one another as the Commonwealth looks to expand activities and climb out of the COVID-19 crisis. Please respect everyone's distance and personal safety as the Town reintroduces back into sports. Please be diligent in the above practices, use common courtesy and common sense. Most of all, enjoy!
Download a copy of this document
|The "until further notice" has been determined to be May 25!|