- Bissanti was late for session so the first vote was 3 members, and remaining votes were 4. Room for improvement in knowing who is on when they are all in the room and no need to do the roll call they used to when remote.
- Two more groups of lotline changes to better align the zoning with lots lines were brought forward for discussion. Both sets moved forward to full Council
- Discussion on feedback from listening session.
- Discussion on a draft trifold doc those in the room were able to see and comment on. Potential for use to tout businesses locally, i.e with the #thinkfranklinfirst tag
Photos captured during the meeting and shared via Twitter can be found in this album https://photos.app.goo.gl/DK9KWgP9PYNj8gpN6
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting in real-time via the virtual session.
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #edc1007
- Getting ready for Real time reporting for the Economic Development meeting tonight 5:45 agenda and link info here https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif591/f/agendas/2020-10-07_edc_agenda_complete_web_version.pdf #EDC1007
- Multiple ways to participate: listen/watch only - Verizon 29 or Comcast 11 local cable channels ; via zoom at link in agenda doc, or via live stream via Town web page https://www.franklinma.gov/home/pages/live-meetings-stream #EDC1007 or follow text notes here, your choice
- Meeting opening protocol message being read at start. #edc1007
- Lot line changes next package, #5 in series, last set on Oak St. #edc1007
- #edc1007 clarification questions on the changes and how the lines fell, circles vs ways handled differently by developers overtime motion to move to full council, second, passed (hard to see Committee members present, 3 known so far)
- Next up, group #6 of lot line changes, #edc1007
- Bissanti now speaking and acknowledged that he arrived late, that makes 4 votes going forward and three for prior. #edc1007
- #edc1007 motion to move to full Council, second, passes 4-0
- Next up follow up on listening session, #1 last week. Sample brochure provided for those in chamber. Q raised on issues with college getting involved with jingle/social campaign
- Hoping for more business participation in coming sessions, #edc1007 Q no one using the parking spaces in municipal lot as well as only a few cars in train station lot. Use of space in municipal lot for art. Anne Marie talking of draft/mockup brochure
- Craft drink brochure to circulate with 67 Degrees, La Cantina, and Glen Pharma to help tell their story and activities. #edc1007 touts #thinkfranklinfirst series of videos on YouTube channel to update them; PPE and thermometers to help with local businesses reopening
- Motion to adjourn. Passed 4-0. That's all for this one. Back at it with Town Council session coming up at 7 PM. #edc1007
|Economic Development Meeting Recap - Oct 7, 2020|
Post a Comment