FM #394 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 394 in the series.
This session shares the Finance Committee meeting held on Tuesday, Nov 17, 2020.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: members of the Finance Committee and Town Administration personnel were in the Council Chambers, the public was remote via Zoom conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- The Finance Committee gets an update on the Beaver St interceptor, effectively a shorter and concise review of what the Town Council received at their Oct 21, 2020 meeting.
- The finance options are expected to be ready in January 2021. It is likely that the sewer rate payers will absorb the cost of the project as the sewer fee is user based. A better understanding of how much will be revealed in January.
- The balance of the meeting was discussion on topics for future meetings.
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda and my notes.
The meeting runs about 70 minutes, so let’s listen to the Finance Committee meeting for Nov 17, 2020. audio file = https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HNC3mSdS
The Finance Committee posted agenda including the interceptor project presentation document https://www.franklinmatters.org/2020/11/franklin-ma-finance-committee-agenda_14.html
My notes of the meeting https://www.franklinmatters.org/2020/11/finance-committee-meeting-recap-nov-17.html
The Oct 21, 2020 Town Council meeting segment with the Beaver St interceptor presentation and discussion https://www.franklinmatters.org/2020/10/fm-372-town-council-mtg-102120-part-2.html
Photos of the meeting shared via Twitter can be found in one album
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"