Reopening Update: New Capacity Limits Effective Saturday
Today, the Baker-Polito Administration announced that beginning at 12:01 a.m. on December 26th, 2020, Massachusetts will implement temporary capacity limits to stop the spread of COVID-19 as cases and hospitalizations rise. Businesses must adhere to the following capacity limitations. The revised limits below supersede existing limits in the Phase 3, Step 1 Sector-Specific Protocols
. Except for the specified adjustments to capacity limitations, all other terms of the COVID-19 gatherings order (including exceptions) and all sector-specific workplace safety rules remain unchanged. These limits are in effect until January 10th, 2021 unless further extended by the Governor.
- Gatherings (adjusting Order No. 57): 10 persons indoors, 25 persons outdoors, applies to both private homes and event venues and public spaces
- Restaurants: 25% of seating capacity, workers/staff excluded from occupancy count, applies separately to indoor and outdoor capacity
- Close Contact Personal Services: 25% capacity, workers/staff excluded from occupancy count
- Indoor and Outdoor Events: 10 persons indoors, 25 persons outdoors, workers/staff excluded from occupancy count
- Theaters and Performance Venues (Indoor performance venues remain closed): movie theaters at 25% capacity and maximum 50 people, outdoor performance venues at 25% capacity and maximum 25 people
- Casinos: 25% capacity, with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission to re-issue capacity rules as necessary
- Office Spaces: 25% capacity
- Places of Worship: 25%, workers/staff excluded from occupancy count
- Retail Businesses: 25% capacity, workers/staff excluded from occupancy count
- Driving and Flight Schools: 25% capacity
- Golf Facilities: 25% capacity, applies only to indoor spaces
- Operators of Lodgings: 25% capacity, applies only to common areas
- Arcades & Other Indoor & Outdoor Recreation Businesses: 25% capacity
- Fitness Centers and Health Clubs: 25% capacity
- Museums / Cultural & Historical Facilities / Guided Tours by vehicles and vessels: 25% capacity
- Sectors Not Otherwise Addressed: 25% capacity
- Common Areas in facilities subject to EEA-issued COVID-19 safety rules: 25% capacity, applies only to indoor spaces and excludes youth and amateur sports facilities
These new limitations do not impact Massachusetts public schools, which operate under separate guidance from the Commonwealth.
Where no licensed or permitted capacity allowance is on record and for any enclosed space within a larger facility, occupancy shall be limited to no more than 5 persons per 1,000 square feet.
| | As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if the Partnership can be of any assistance to you. You may reach me directly via email at email@example.com.
The 495/MetroWest Partnership
Post a Comment