- Meeting opens with a presentation on the Ladybug Trail being planned for downtown Franklin. Slides included in notes below. Photos captured during the presentation shared as well
- The Business Guide is now released. A flowchart to follow for starting a business and what approvals are required is a key development since the draft was shared earlier.
- Discussion o the overall marketing strategy and key branding elements is desired but the meeting ran out of time to get into.
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #edc0407
- Real time reporting underway for the Economic Development subcommittee meeting https://www.franklinma.gov/economic-development-subcommittee/agenda/edc-agenda-25 #edc0407
- Ladybug trail up first, Lisa Piana of the Downtown Partnership #edc0407 to present after brief intro by Chair Melanie Hamblen
- The ladybug trail will reappear in downtown Franklin #edc0407
- The ladybugs first appeared in 2014. #edc0407
- Slides to be shared later but some key ones are captured here #edc0407
- Concept of trail and sidewalk marking still in development. Would use the map and QR codes to trigger the audio with information #edc0407
- Consensus among EDC members to proceed; mural design being worked with the artists and building owners, they will be family friendly and non controversial. #edc0407
- Next up, business guide close to 'final' #edc0407 reviewing changes since the draft was shared in this meeting previously now includes a flow chart to follow
- Also updated to include the food truck as well as the farmers market #edc0407 should help the jumping around town hall that occurs today and should be alleviated using this going forward.
- Can add a zoning map link to the guide so they would have the info available. Development is separate and much more detailed, this is for the more frequent use if opening a business, building a development would require more and much is on the Town pages #edc0407
- Discussion on a marketing strategy to include brand elements, logo, fonts, tag line to use as a common and consistent presentation if the town to the world up for future
- #edc0407 motion to adjourn, second, passes 4-0 via roll call
- Town Council meeting coming up at 7
FDP Ladybug Trail presentation doc: https://www.slideshare.net/shersteve/franklin-downtown-partnership-planning-ladybug-trail
Business Guide -> https://www.canva.com/design/DAEN5lnYNIY/xubMHMzbUK7uF--x0mx6Og/view