- The Complete Streets policy was approved by the Town Council earlier this year as a guiding principal for consideration in road construction or renovations. It is a good thing to do.
- The meeting Wednesday was to solicit feedback on a listing of projects that was only available to those who were in person at the meeting to receive the handout. This was shortsighted. The info was promised to be posted to the Town web page Thursday. It could have been done in advance to enable appropriate feedback.
- The listing is preliminary. It will be prioritized and submitted to the State to seek funding for such projects.
This posting will be updated with the Complete Streets project info when it is posted to the Town page as promised.
Town of Franklin Complete Streets page -> https://www.franklinma.gov/engineering/pages/complete-streets
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting live via the Zoom conference bridge.
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #cs0922 https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cs0922&src=typed_query
Complete Streets meeting agenda:
Presentation doc from February 2021 -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XSOruj9Z6L9rJD5E6dhQsdKq0s3ITIv0/view?usp=sharing
|Map in Chamber with stickies on it indicating community input|
- Complete streets meeting begins, live reporting underway via the Zoom session #cs0922
- DPW Director Cantoreggi and Town Engineer M Maglio leading session on complete streets after opening by Town Administrator Jamie Hellen #cs0922
- Map in Chamber with stickies on it indicating community input. Looking to summarize the plan for submission to State and hopefully will be generate some funding for the projects #cs0922
- Asked for info on priority projects, to be posted to town page Thursday. Also took time to provide feedback on sight lines (actually purview of building commissioner Gus Brown), issue of utility poles blocking sidewalk access, (a constant fight by Town with utilities) #cs0922
- Also added question on overhang of bushes or trees on sidewalk that hinders a tall walker (like me). Send Brutus an email as I encounter those as they come under his tree warden role. #cs0922
- Meeting adjourns after no other questions or comments #cs0922
Audio recording of meeting to be available in couple of days
Post a Comment