FM #796 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 796 in the series.
This session of the radio show shares the Finance Committee budget hearing #3 for the FY 2023 Town of Franklin budget held on Thursday, May 12, 2022.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: 7 members of the Finance Committee were in the Council Chambers along with some of the public, 1 member was remote along with some members the public via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- Chair Bill Dowd opens the Finance Committee, 8 members participating (although by time of vote 1 member had left leaving a 7 member vte). This is the last of three sessions on the FY 2023 budget
- This session covered Franklin Public Schools, Tri-County Regional Voc Tech and Norfolk Agricultural. Representatives from the first two schools were present for the discussion and Q&A.
- Interesting questions for both schools. More interesting for the future will be what will happen with the Tri-County feasibility study underway. As a regional school, the approval process for a new school is complex. There is also not a lot of history/precedent for such. Stay tuned as this could get interesting with 11 communities involved.
- The budget as recommended and presented ultimately passed unanimously 7-0
Audio file -> https://franklin-ma-matters.captivate.fm/episode/fm-796-finance-cmte-budget-hearing-3-05-12-22
Meeting agenda => https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/_2022-05-12_finance_committee_agenda_1.pdf
FY 2023 budget package => https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget/webforms/fy-23-budget-materials
Link to Finance Committee => https://www.franklinma.gov/finance-committee
My notes for the meeting => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oOKQmRPPjOucVB1yuCkTsFu4fv_2LpzN/view?usp=sharing
YouTube recording => https://youtu.be/fgyyBjOb-RE
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"