The Library's regular hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The library will be closing at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 23rd, and Saturday, December 24th for Christmas Eve. The library will also be closing at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 31st for New Year's Eve. The library will be closed on Sunday, December 25th and Monday, December 26th for Christmas Day (observed).
Franklin Library Book Sale
Friday, December 9th , 1:00-5:00 p.m. Saturday, December 10th , 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon.
All books are just one dollar!
Bag Sale - $5 A Bag—Saturday, December 10th, from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Come fill a brown bag with all the books you can!
Volunteer Tutors Needed for ESL & Adult Literacy Program
The Franklin Public Library is starting an English as a Second Language and Adult Literacy Program to serve Franklin and its surrounding communities. If you have the time and interest to help adult learners improve their English, reading, writing, speaking and listening, please consider volunteering!
To volunteer, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent, have patience, and be able to speak English clearly. Prior teaching experience is not required. Volunteer Tutors will be given training and all supporting materials will be provided. The time commitment is one orientation session, 18 hours of tutor training, and to meet with your student 2 hours per week for one year. Volunteers and students do not need to be Franklin residents. If interested, please contact Assistant Library Director Kim Shipala at email@example.com, or fill out the registration form on the library's website .
Volunteers Needed for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Volunteers are always needed for the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs… better known as VITA and TCE. Many volunteer roles are available. You can help as a greeter, an interpreter or a computer specialist. Most of all, we need tax preparers!
Learn more & Sign up at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-tax-volunteers
For more information, please contact Mitzi Gousie at firstname.lastname@example.org .
From the Friends of the Franklin Library...
The holiday season is upon us, and we have a lot to be thankful for this year. Like so many, the Friends took some time to reflect on the past year and the activities we've been fortunate to participate in.
Here is a look back at some of our highlights:
- 200 museum passes for The Butterfly Place
- National Library Week - Library Staff Appreciation Brunch
- In-Person event with Nancy Rubin Stuart author of Poor Richard's Women: Deborah Read
- Franklin and the Other Women Behind the Founding Father
- Annual $1,000 Friends of the Franklin Library Scholarship to a graduating FHS '22 Senior
- Farmer's Market Booth with Summer Bucket of Fun Raffle Prize
- Harvest Festival Booth with over 400 books given away
- Raffle Baskets at this year's Health Fair
- Comics 4 Culture teen event
- Tables and chairs for the library's new outdoor patio space
Were you able to enjoy any of the above programs or find yourself frequenting our Library? Why not play an active role in supporting the amazing programs offered to our local community. Here are ways that you can show your support:
1. Become a Friend! We would love to add more Friends to our group. We have several committees which you can choose from or be more of a supporting member.
2. Make a donation in the name of your favorite bookworm. Have that one Franklin person on your holiday list who is hard to buy for? Why not make a donation in their name that will support their local library?
3. Take advantage of your company's employee match program. Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations.
All membership dues and contributions are tax deductible and will go directly to supporting the Franklin Public Library's collections and programs.
To join the Friends or make a donation, CLICK HERE.
|Franklin Public Library: December 2022 News & Events|