Representative Jeff Roy visited the Committee to provide an update on several of his legislative initiatives as well as on the budget process at the State House. Legislation to be filed or in some cases refiled that he mentioned covered teen sexting, improvements to driver's education, curriculum frameworks for civics and genocide. He is also working with the manufacturing caucus on how to train and prepare folks for the skilled manufacturing jobs that are available.
There was good discussion on the foundation budget and the equity issues with State funding and the impact to the Franklin budget.
|Rep Roy at the School Committee meeting|
|L to R: Jennifer Jones, Laura Evans, Stephanie Ahern, Emily Day, and Shannon Martin|
The update on the District and School Improvement Plans was a coordinated effort. Asst Superintendent Peter Light, Asst Superintendent Joyce Edwards and Superintendent Maureen Sabolinski took turns presenting on different sections of the update.
Update on DIP and SIP at the School Committee meeting tonight #schcom0110 pic.twitter.com/x6LMtDcj2R— Steve Sherlock (@FranklinMatters) January 11, 2017
- The video replay of the meeting is available on demand
- My notes reported live during the meeting provide additional details
- Live reporting: Action items through to closing
- Live Reporting: District and School Improvement Pl...
- Live reporting: Foreign Language Overview
- Live Reporting: School Committee - Jan 10, 2017
The posted agenda for the School Committee meeting Jan 10, 2017
Post a Comment