Our COVID-19 Information Portal is updated regularly with the latest information and resources. You can find it HERE.
Please find our Department Re-entry Updates attached below and visit our website and/or social media frequently for news and announcements.
Have a good weekend!
"Based on the escalating global COVID-19 pandemic and Governor Baker’s most recent Executive Orders, the Franklin Town and School Administration offices, as well as all Franklin public buildings will be closed to the public and most employees through May 18th, 2020. We are following the guidance coming from Governor Baker. We are working on a measured plan to initiate baby steps toward re-opening limited services that cannot be performed remotely, while keeping the safety of our employees and community at the forefront.
On May 11th, the following departments will be re-opening with limited staff and services as an initial phase in. Careful decision-making and return to work procedures will take place in the coming weeks, with safety as the top priority.
● The drive through window at the Municipal Building will be re-opening for service on May 11th for regular business hours. The window will serve as the point of contact for all municipal services for both the Town Clerk’s Office and the Treasurer/Collector. Cash will not be accepted at this time. The public will not be able to access the building in any way other than the drive through.
● The Library will be reopening with a skeleton crew for online orders and no contact pickup/dropoff of requested materials. Patrons can place material holds online or by phone. (limit of 5 items over the phone) Search our catalog at find.minlib.net , and limit the collection location to Franklin. Once you receive a text or email that your items are ready, visit the Library entrance at School Street. Hours will be Monday - Saturday 10am - 1pm. Please stay tuned to the Franklin Public Library websites for children's programming and other offerings that will be available to residents remotely.
● The DPW and Facilities Departments will begin with a soft opening on May 11th, with limited employees returning to work to assess and plan for the weeks ahead. Beginning May 18th, the DPW and custodial staff will be fully open, with work crews returning in one man vehicles where necessary. The DPW Administration Building will remain closed through May 18th.
● The Senior Center is aiming to develop a curbside lunch program for members to access Cafe prepared grab-and-go meals. The goal is to have this service available beginning June 1st, with the hope of adding the same service for breakfast in the future. More details will be released as they become available..
● On May 11th, we will begin a very limited phase in of staff at the Municipal Building. The building will not be open to the public.
● The Recycling Center is currently open regular business hours, with the addition of noon - 3pm on Thursday May 14th for yard waste only. Beginning May 18th, the Recycling Center will be open regular hours for full services. No cash or checks will be accepted. All residents who wish to use the recycling center for item drop off will need to go online prior to pay the required fee(s). A printed slip detailing the fees paid will be required to show proof of payment. The online payment portal for recycling fees is on our Viewpoint site.
● Curbside Clothing Recycling restarted the week of April 27th on your normal trash day. Please have bags out prior to 7am for pickup.
● All municipal parks and playgrounds will be closed to the public. Nature trails are OK to use.
● All public and private schools are closed through the end of the year. Childcare facilities (other than emergency centers for first responders) will be closed until June 29th.
● Trash and Recycling Pickup will continue to be picked up on their normal schedule.
While the Municipal Building and most other departments are closed for direct, in-person service, staff will be available for all regular business activities via phone, email and our online services center at www.franklinma.gov. For an emergency, please continue to dial 911."
Additional details on the Re-entry Updates: https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/franklinma/files/uploads/department_protocols_covid_19_8.pdf
|Town of Franklin Department Re-entry Updates - May 8|