This session of the radio show shares my "Talk Franklin" conversation with Town Administrator Jamie Hellen and Marketing and Communications Specialist Anne Marie Tracey. We had our conversation via conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
We talk about
- Re-opening making progress without major issues
- Finance Committee budget hearings continue
- Town Council meeting Wednesday with State delegation present (Senator Spilka, Senator Rausch, and Rep Roy)
- Franklin Downtown Partnership general meeting
- Next Department Spotlight in process
- Graduation details being finalized, will happen on June 5
And close with some cultural comments about Dave Matthews and other bands/groups doing live streaming events in this pandemic period. The DropKick Murphys were “Streaming Outta Fenway” Friday night with a special appearance by Bruce Springsteen.
The recording runs about 42 minutes, so let’s listen to my conversation with Jamie and Anne Marie
Audio link = https://anchor.fm/letstalkfranklin/episodes/Reopening-steps--budget-information-and-other-news-in-Franklin-eerm75/a-a2bs4ca
The Town of Franklin COVID-19 Portal page
Dave Matthews Band Drive-in https://www.davematthewsband.com/drivein/
Streaming Outta Fenway https://www.dropkickmurphys.com/
Pawsox outdoor dining https://www.milb.com/pawtucket/ballpark/mccoy-dining
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|FM #281 "Talk Franklin" 5/29/20 (audio)|