Via @HockomockSports and Twitter we share the results of the FHS fall sports action on Monday, Sep 13, 2021
Boys Soccer = Attleboro, 1 @ Franklin, 0 – Final
– Attleboro found the back of the net early and that was enough to pick up two points on the road at Franklin. Senior Connor Adema tracked down a long punt from sophomore keeper Tyler Rocchio and buried it in the fourth minute to put the visitors ahead. Rocchio recorded his first shutout of the season in the win.
Girls Soccer = Franklin, 2 @ Attleboro, 0 – Final
– The Panthers scored twice in the first half and it was enough to make it two straight wins to start the season. Freshman Kelly O’Connor added her first career goal to put the Panthers in front, assisted by Riley Fitzpatrick. Anya Zub then scored for the third time in two games, finishing a feed from Chloe Barca. Rachel Welch made eight saves for her second clean sheet of the season. Franklin’s midfield of Selene Hammad, Bridget Leo, Chloe Stavely, and Barca did well to control the game, and Norah Anderson, Katie Ewald, and Izzy Arnold had strong performances in the back line. Attleboro coach Steve Santos praised his team for battling through the second half and the Franklin defense for keeping the Bombardiers at bay. Emily Dunlea, Bethany Alves, and Kahlan Gray all played well for Attleboro.
Field Hockey = Franklin, 4 @ Attleboro, 1 – Final
– Franklin scored with no time left in the first half to level the scoring and pumped in three second half goals to run away with a win on the road at Attleboro. After a scoreless opening quarter, the Bombardiers took the lead in the 27th minute on a goal from Madison Ellis. Since Franklin earned a penalty corner, play continued after time expired in the second quarter. Kendall Jones converted a pass from Kiera Kotwicki to bring the Panthers even. Shaw Downing put the Panthers ahead on a pass from Kaitlyn Carney in the 43rd minute, and Kaeley Dubriske made it a 3-1 advantage after another assist from Carney. Sydney Rogan put the game away (assisted by Downing) in the 58th minute. Ava Haggerty was strong in net for Attleboro with 19 saves.
Volleyball = Franklin, 3 @ Attleboro, 0 – Final
– Franklin fended off a good push from Attleboro in the second set and went on to complete the sweep (25-9, 25-20, 25-14). Cailyn Mackintosh dished out 19 assists and had a huge day at the service line with 10 aces. Cate Roberge and Taylor Lacerda both notched three aces to go along with six kills apiece. For Attleboro, Lilly Boedeker recorded 17 digs while freshman Julia Leonardo had 15 digs and nine kills.
Golf = Franklin, 161 @ King Philip, 145 – Final
– King Philip had all four of its scorers come in with a round under 40 to help the Warriors sweep the season series with rival Franklin. Mike Matheson was the match medalist, shooting a round of 35 that included a birdie. Gavin Croke, who had an eagle on the fifth hole, and Jared Curran each shot 37 while Pat Reardon finished at 38. Franklin’s CJ Steele had a team-low round of 38.
"Great match from KP who played a great round 145-161 final from Wentworth Steel 38; Tyler 39; Benny 40; Hags/ Caden /Caroline 44. Onto North Attleboro tomorrow #getirdone #rollpanthers " https://twitter.com/FHSGolfTeam/status/1437547879699263488
For the other results around the league on Monday
|FHS girls soccer, field hockey, and volleyball teams post wins on Monday|