- A review of the procedures doc began with this session. Coordination on aspects of this to help with better consistency between School and Town meetings will be done aside with Town Administrator Jamie Hellen, Attorney Mark Cerel and Superintendent Sara Ahern
- No major changes foreseen at this time, better consistency in procedure and language being worked. Not all of the doc was addressed in this session. No date yet set for the next meeting
- And yes, you do hear my contribution to this session. As I do attend multiple meetings across the Town and School functions, I do see opportunity for improvements. While this is focused on Town Council meetings, it can have ripple effects to the others, especially to the Town Council subcommittee meetings
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter while I attended the meeting in the 3rd Floor Training Room.
The Twitter hashtag #tcpr1215 can be found online The thread begins with
- getting ready for the Town Council procedures review committee meeting to begin at 6 PM agenda doc (including procedure doc) -> https://franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/december_15_rules_of_procedure_review_committee_meeting_agenda_0.pdf… #tcpr1215
- the recording will be available later. May not be as active tweeting what's up during this to keep track of the discussion. This wont the only meeting on this topic; action already assigned for the 'preamble' to be coordinated with Schools to bring consistency #tcpr1215
- the consistency would help residents as they approach this Council or any meeting to have as similar a process as possible; expectations once set, can then be better managed and followed #tcpr1215
- Finding terminology inconsistencies and the discussion around which term to use is good, and helpful #tcpr1215 removing 'not' from one phrase is an option, removing 'only' is a better option in sec 18
- looking to define "Councilor Comments" better than it is (which is not well) currently... #tcpr1215
- motion to adjourn, and move to the formal Council meeting #tcpr1215
This session of the radio show shares the Franklin, MA Town Council Procedures Review Subcommittee meeting held on Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
The budget workshop was conducted in the third floor training room of the Municipal Building. Three Town Councilors (Chair Tom Mercer, Councilors Debbie Pellegri, and Glenn Jones) were present along with the Town Administrator Jamie Hellen, Town Attorney Mark Cerel and Admin Assistant Alecia Alleyne.
The recording of the public meeting runs about 53 minutes.
Links to the meeting agenda and associated documents released for this meeting are included in the show notes. The link to my notes taken during the meeting is also provided.
Let’s listen to this session of the Town Council Procedures Review Subcommittee meeting Dec 15, 2021
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|FM #680 - Town Council Procedures Review - 12/15/21|