The Open Space Recreation Plan Public Hearing #1 Agenda was updated on Tuesday to more clearly outline the discussion for the session Feb 21, 2023.
There was public participation in person at the Council Chambers and online in the Zoom session.
- Member of a mountain biking group looking to help in ways they can
- Bleachers have wide spaces at the top that could allow a small child to slip through
- Suggestion on signage to remind folks (i.e. drivers) to share the road with bikers
- Discussion on kayak access for the Charles, there is access at Beaver Pond, may also eventually be at DelCarte, also evaluation of a kiosk to help with rental of kayaks
- Comment on citizen awareness of open space, AgCom (Agriculture Commission) also working on that awareness,; the amount of salt in the water supply is increasing, we need to look at that...
- from Mark (last name?), thanks for whomever did successfully make the open space purchases
- A question to be addressed is how to balance maintaining the forest area at Maple Hill and yet provide access to the trail network there in a minimalist manner
- ADA self assessment being planned for all Town and School facilities
- Rec Dept had reached out to scouting groups pre-COVID to see if some trail maintenance could be organized, would like to bring that back to the forefront!
- Remember to respond to the survey, approx. 250+ so far
- Next public hearing scheduled for Apr 25 will review objectives for the plan draft
The presentation copy shared during the meeting ->
The video of the public hearing can be found -> https://youtu.be/nTt6r_Ix0yM
The audio link -> https://franklin-ma-matters.captivate.fm/episode/fm-948-osrp-public-hearing-1-02-21-23
My notes captured via Twitter and found in one PDF ->
|Watch or listen to the Open Space & Recreation Plan - Public Hearing #1 - 02/21/23 (audio & video)|
Post a Comment