There were three individual motions and sets of votes to elect the Officers of the new Council: Chair, Vice-Chair, Clerk.
- motion by Jones to nominate Mercer, seconded, passed 9-0
- motion by Pellegri to nominate Dellorco, seconded, passed 9-0
- motion by Earls to nominate Jones, seconded, passed 9-0
- BJ's got a manager change, everything else remains the same
- Ichigo Ichi's changed ownership so new license, otherwise menu and service remains the same
- Little Shop of Oils received a license to pair wine with their vinegar and oil gift baskets. After much discussion, the license was approved.
- JAC Restaurant which had an application submitted for the former Dhrani Grill (or Artistry Kitchen) location withdrew their application. No additional info was provided.
Open Meeting and Conflict of Interest overview
Also slightly out of order, this probably should have been done before the license transaction discussion but ...
Storm water Utility Fee discussion
The first of many discussions on this topic. There has been much work done to prepare for the EPA regulation on storm water. Check pages 11-12 for the grants obtained since 2007. Due to the estimated costs of $2M per year to manage storm water, a utility fee is proposed. More work by the Town Council and the Town is required to bring this to reality. Page 28 shows estimates for how much the proposed utility fee would cost the 'average' housing and commercial lots.
The published agenda and documents for the Franklin Town Council meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 13, 2019. https://www.franklinma.gov/town-council/agenda/november-13-town-council-agenda
|a tree well, one of the many storm water mitigations Franklin implements|