Question & Answer section following the presentation by Kaestle Boos on the options for renovating Franklin High School. Questions from committee members in order of appearance: Roy, Mullen, Armenio, Trahan, Kelly and Cafasso.
Time: 15 minutes, 0 secondsMP3 File
My notes from the discussion:
Michael McKean (?) representing Kaestle Boos on the Franklin High School renovation options.
- approximately 30 months for total renovation
- approximately 24 months to build a new school keeping the existing field house
- students will adjust quickly during the construction, the teachers and parents generally have more of an issue adjusting
- in the renovation options, the traffic flow remains mostly the same other than attempting to separate the parent drop offs from the buses
- the auditorium would be about $7 million (as sized at 26000 sq foot)
- all the options would connect on the second level, for brevity of the presentation they were not shown here
- this is not simply building on the roof as the existing building was done before the current seismic codes were put into place
- the new building option would locate the building further away from the existing homes