October 14, 2008
Municipal Building – Council Chambers
Call to order Mr. Roy
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
1. Routine Business
- Citizen’s Comments
- Review of Agenda
- Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the September 23, 2008 School Committee Meeting.
- Payment of Bills Mr. Kelly
- Payroll Ms. Armenio
- FHS Student Representatives
- Correspondence: 1. Budget to Actual
- Summer Blackboard
- Transportation Update
3. Discussion Only Items
- Ballot Question #1
- FY10 Budget Timeline
- Superintendent Search
4. Action Items
- Moved that the Franklin School Committee opposes Question 1, a ballot initiative that would eliminate the state income tax. Passage of Question 1 would cut the state budget by 40%, cause massive reductions in local aid to cities and towns, and result in drastic reductions in school programs.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $400.00 from money left over from a community service grant awarded to 2 Remington Teachers to be used for supplies for RMS.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of a “Fun Hoop” for the Keller Elementary School in memory of Noreen Coffey from FPS Staff (Cost: $800.00)
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $800.00 from the Horace Mann PCC to fund Middle School Magic at HMMS.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $5,000 from the Jefferson PCC for admission, buses and nurse for a field trip to Plimoth Plantation and a Grade 4 trip which has not yet been finalized.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $1,420.00 from the ECDC PCC to purchase a laminator for the ECDC.
- I recommend approval of the recurring trip to Mt. Monadnock in Jaffrey, NH on October 25, 2008 for 30 students in the Remington Adventure Club.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of a ½ size string bass, (said value: $1,200.00), from Ms. Colleen Pierson for the Davis Thayer Elementary School Music Program.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $3880.50 from the Keller PCC for a 1st grade field trip to Jane & Paul’s Farm and a 3rd grade field trip to Plimoth Plantation as described on the attached form KCD-E.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $180.39 from Target’s Take Charge of Education Program for In-house enrichment for the Horace Mann Middle School.
- I recommend transferring $1,268.17 from the Brick School Revolving account to the Town of Franklin.
5. Information Matters
• Superintendent’s Report
- Enrollment Comparison (9-28-07 to 9-26-08)
- Art Gallery
- Special Ed. Tuition Increases
- Revolving Account
• School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
- To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Executive Session
- Contractual Negotiations