Baseball = Canton, 1 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Jake Noviello allowed just one run in six innings of work, struck out six, walked four, and scattered four hits to lead the Panthers to a win on the road. Bryan Woelfel earned the win, pitching a scoreless seventh inning. Cooper Ross paced the offense, going 2-for-2 and scoring a pair of runs while Jack Nally had two RBI and Scott Elliott chipped in with a double and a run scored.
Boys Tennis = Franklin, 5 @ Canton, 0 – Final
– Frankin notched an impressive win on the road, losing just seven games total to sweep Canton. Liam Marr (second singles), Saketh Saripalli (third singles), the team of Tyler DiPalma and Derek Wu (first doubles) and the pairing of Dan Angermeier and Tony Calderone (second doubles) all won 6-0, 6-0 for the Panthers. Franklin’s Rohan Herur battled to a 6-3, 6-4 win at first singles.
Girls Tennis = Canton, 5 @ Franklin, 0 – Final
– Canton went on the road and earned a sweep of Franklin, taking all three singles matches in straight sets. Natalie Keppler (first singles) and Rachel Kupferman (second singles) each won 6-0, 6-0 while Sarah Hernandez earned a 6-1, 6-2 win at third singles for the Bulldogs. The team of Caitlin Matthews and Stelina Michaelidis prevailed 6-0, 4-6, 10-6 at first doubles and the pairing of Jamie Cree and Jena Moyle picked up a 6-2, 6-0 win at second doubles.
Boys Outdoor Track = Franklin, 45 @ Mansfield, 91 – Final
– Mansfield swept the 100M, 200M, and the long jump to earn nine points from each event to get a win over visiting Franklin. Greg Waters (11.3), Khristian Conner, and Colin Eutsay swept the 100M for the Hornets, Mike Shannon (22.6), Jack Rivard, and Dan Knight took first, second, and third (respectively) in the 200M, and Jareme DiLorenzo (19’8), Joe Cappelletti and Andrew Williams took care of placements in the long jump.
Girls Outdoor Track = Franklin, 78 @ Mansfield, 58 – Final
– For Mansfield, Amanda Mangano had a terrific day with three wins and a second place in another event. Mangano won the 100M (12.4), the 200M (25.3), and the high jump (5′) while taking second in the long jump (16’6). Junior Julia Hill had a 7-inch PR in the long jump to win with a jump of 16’7 and running a three second PR in the 400 hurdles for a second place in a time of 69.4. The Hornets’ 4×100 team of Gabrielle Devlin, Emily Quitzau, Samantha Hindman, Julia Harrison had a season-best time of 50.4 while sophomore Lily Goulding took first in the javelin (95’4″).
For the other results around the Hockomock League
A photo gallery from the boys tennis match can be found here
|Franklin boys tennis in action (HockomockSports.com photo)|
Post a Comment