HockomockSports.com posted the results of Hockomock League competition on Monday, October 3, 2022. We share the FHS results here and provide the link to the full set below.
Boys Soccer = Franklin, 1 @ Mansfield, 0 – Final
– Franklin scored the lone goal of the game just past the midway point of the second half to earn a hard-fought two points on the road against a tough Mansfield squad. Andrew O’Neill was there to pounce on the rebound of a shot from Will Kryzak in the 63rd minute for the lone goal of the game. “Mansfield really made us work for this one,” said Franklin head coach Fran Bositis. Mansfield applied a lot of pressure over the final 15 minutes but couldn’t find the equalizer. Mansfield coach Steve Sheridan praised his defense, highlighting strong performances from Brendan Flynn and goalie Liam Doyle.
Girls Soccer = Mansfield, 0 @ Franklin, 0 – Final
– Mansfield and Franklin were unable to find the back of the net and settled for a point apiece in a hard-fought game. Franklin coach Tom Geysen said that it was evenly matched and well-played by both teams, while Mansfield coach Kevin Smith said there was a playoff intensity to the match. Mansfield keeper Olivia Salisbury made four saves to earn her fifth clean sheet.
Field Hockey = Mansfield, 0 @ Franklin, 4 – Final
– Franklin scored twice in the second quarter, and then once in each the third and fourth, to pick up a win over visiting Mansfield. After a scoreless first quarter, the Panthers got on the board just over midway through the second when Haley Wernig buried an unassisted goal. The Panthers doubled their lead with a minute left in the half as Sydney Rogan set up Kaitlyn Carney to make it 2-0. In the second half, Wernig got her second (from Chloe Essam) with less than a minute left in the third, and Payten Crandall made it 4-0 (from Carney) less than two minutes into the fourth. Devon Barry had the shutout in net for the hosts.
Volleyball = Mansfield, 0 @ Franklin, 3 – Final
– Taylor Lacerda and Makayla Kuykendall both had strong games as Franklin notched another 3-0 win (25-17, 25-17, 25-22), this time against a solid Mansfield squad. Lacerda had 11 kills in the win, adding five digs, a block, and an ace while Kuykendall recorded 16 digs, six kills, and four aces.
Golf = Franklin, 145 @ Oliver Ames, 144 – Final
– The battle of the top two teams lived up to the hype as Oliver Ames earned a one-stroke win over Franklin in a non-league clash between division leaders. The Tigers’ top four of senior Michael McGinnis, senior Daniel Paul, junior David Rodgers, and junior Sean Kearns all shot a 39 at their home course of Pine Oaks for the win. Franklin’s Tyler O’Brien and Jack Hagerty shared medalist honors, both firing a round of 34.
For other results around the Hockomock League
Post a Comment