As the cold winds and dark afternoons draw closer so do the Porch Pirates…
We’ve already experienced several calls involving swashbuckling pirates stealing packages off people's porches.
To deter Porch Piracy you can:
1. Schedule delivery times to a time you know you’ll be home
2. Request a signature for high-value packages
3. Regularly track all shipments
4. Get to know your neighbors and see if they can grab your deliveries for you
5. Display a home security sign or other security deterrents
6. Get a big dog
7. Install a doorbell camera or other outdoor cameras
Remember….only you can prevent Porch Pirates this holiday season. If you find yourself victimized by these seasonal pirates or think you see these pirates in action, give us a call at 508-528-1212.
Shared from Franklin (MA) Police Dept Facebook page ->
Post a Comment