We hope you are having a happy and healthy holiday season! The Pantry is very busy with Holiday Distributions, Turkey Trot, Food Elves and getting our new home ready for our neighbors!
While Franklin is considered an idyllic residential setting, it is not immune from food insecurity. Almost 10 percent of Franklin's residents aren't sure where their next meal will come from. This isn't happening to someone else in Franklin,
it is happening to us.
The Franklin Food Pantry distributed 26,292 bags of groceries last year to more than 1,100 people in more than 500 households. Many of our neighbors shopped more than twice per month in order to make ends meet. Demand for our services has grown from 150 households per week to more than 180 households per week in the last few months. Franklin Food Pantry's FY2022 statistics show just how much work there is to do and how prevalent food insecurity is in our area.
The Pantry has been fortunate to enjoy our current space for the last 13 years, thanks to the generosity of Rockland Trust. However, we have outgrown our space and cannot expand our programs and services to accommodate the increasing need. The Pantry purchased the Edwin's building at 341 West Central St. and you may be wondering exactly why we need this building.
It's not about the building,
it's about what we will do in the building!
In our new space, we will:
- Preserve human dignity with private client meeting rooms.
- Expand programs and services through partnership and collaboration.
- Create a warm and welcoming space that honors local history.
- Increase the client shopping area offering more food and product choices.
- Increase community engagement through workshops and trainings.
- Ensure safety and ADA compliance with accessible walkways and interior lift
- Grow our weekend backpack program and increase mobile pantry sites.
- Save time and money with thoughtful and cost-effective design.
We can't do this without support from YOU – please look for information about how you can contribute to The Pantry's Campaign in the coming months or contact Marsha Tait at email@example.com for more information.
YOU have the power to create a better
community for everyone by contributing to
The Pantry's campaign:
The New Franklin Food Pantry:
Nourishing Neighbors, Building Community
Updates for the new Franklin Food Pantry Building can be found online ->
Post a Comment