- 4 firefighter/paramedics were sworn in
- Key presentation and discussion around the Town charter and how to change it if so desired. A healthy discussion, some interesting nuances were revealed (a community with less than 6,000 can only use a town meeting format, a community with more than 12,000 can chose to use the city form of government). Likely to come forward again as part of the new Council goals setting session
- Finance Cmte meeting Nov 8 will review the budget update, still a downgrade of revenue of about $300K. Ways to manage this were found.
- Town Council will get to the budget at their Nov 15 meeting. The tax rate hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 21
- Migrant housing update, hotel now full. Coordinated efforts to help as required. Portal on the Board of Health webpage with donation listing and the migrant housing statistics. $10,000 grant received for non-emergency medical transportation. Clinic in the works with State and Federal official on work permits, lots of unknowns remain as details are still scant.
|Town Council views 4 firefighter/paramedic swear-ins & discusses the process for charter changes (video)|