- Citizen’s Comments
- Review of Agenda
- Minutes: I recommend approval of the minutes from the March 24, 2009 School Committee Meeting.
- Payment of Bills Mr. Kelly
- Payroll Ms. Armenio
- FHS Student Representatives
- Budget to Actual
- Budget Transfers
- Letter from Mark Tiede and Melissa McCann
- Letters from the Doggett family
Sue Streeter – Best Buddies Grant Awards
Emily Constantine – HMMS
Marilee Gleason – ASMS
Erin Miller - FHS
FHS Experience – Info for Summer 2009
Kristin Letendre Cerce
ASMS “To Kill A Mockingbird” Presentation
3. Discussion Only Items
4. Action Items
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of $3127.00 from the DT PCC for the following field trips:
Grade 5 - Boston “Lessons on Liberty” & “Bostonian Society”
Grade 2 - Stony Brook
Grade K - Southwick Zoo
Grade 5 - Bus fee for visit to ASMS
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of 20 Bose 3-2-1 GS Home Entertainment Systems (valued at $999.00 each) for the Franklin Public Schools.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of office supplies from the 3M Company as listed for the Franklin Public Schools.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $412.80 from Lifetouch for the ECDC future enrichment programs.I recommend acceptance of a check for $4,900.00 from the Keller PCC for the following field trips:
Grade K - Southwick Zoo plus buses
Grade 2 - Stony Brook plus buses
Grade 4 - Museum of Science plus buses
Grade 5 - Roger Williams Zoo plus buses
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $75.00 from the Keller PCC for an additional bus for the K field trip to Southwick Zoo.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of 12 cases of copy paper for the Oak Street Elementary School from Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Johnson.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of several gently used trade books from Kristen Ramel, a 5th grade student, for the Oak Street teachers.
- I recommend acceptance of a check for $250.00 from Parmenter PCC for a bus for a field trip to the Mass Hospital School in Canton, MA.
- I recommend the request of Peter Light to declare the attached list of books as surplus.
- I recommend approval of the FHS request for Judi O’Neil to take 8 students to Los Angeles, CA to compete in the DECA 2009 International Conference as detailed.
- I recommend acceptance of the check for $200.00 from C.A.N.E. (Classical Association of New England – grant) for expenses related to HMMS field trip to the Worcester Art Museum.
- I recommend acceptance of the check for $1,488.56 from the Oak St. PCC for reading materials for all students/classrooms to access.
- I recommend acceptance of the donation of space at the Hampton Inn for Open Circle training in 2008-09 valued at $1200.00 (4 days @ $300/per day).
- I recommend that you declare the modular classrooms at Davis Thayer Elementary School as surplus and return them to the Town.
5. Information Matters
- Enrollment Comparison
- Draft of 2009-2010 FHS Administrative Structure
- FY11 School Calendar Options
- 09-10 School Committee Schedule - Draft
- Blue Ribbon: Financial Planning Committee
- Special Facilities Review - Confidential
School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business
To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Executive Session