- Meeting opened 7 minutes late. Prior meeting minutes approved.
- Review of current step by step process and where they are, now in Phase 2 of Stage 1 (see chart)
- Specialized programs conducted at DT and Parmenter not part of the analysis and should be considered. Concern over turnkey reference. Appearing to rush into keeping the mentioned Nov 4 community information night (when it will have conflict with the Town Council meeting, and won’t be able to be broadcast).
- Discussion around the work of this committee to complete in their term (before Nov 2021) and work of another ‘long term’ committee as separate.
- Discussion on questionnaire, what it captures, what does success look like, and communications around that survey and for the meeting itself
Photos captured during the meeting and shared via Twitter can be found in the album https://photos.app.goo.gl/GUQ66am5yDzRxzUA6
Agenda doc https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/files/vyhlif4431/f/agendas/agenda_dt_subcom_10.29.2020_1.docx
Comprehensive Facility Analysis presentation doc
Facility Assessment report doc
As with most meetings in this pandemic period, I took my notes via Twitter during the meeting reporting in real-time via the virtual session.
The Twitter hashtag can be found online #dtfa1029
- Real time reporting ready for facility analysis subcommittee meeting (when it starts) #dtfa1029
- Meeting opens at 6:07 PM, approved minutes of 9/30/20 meeting 3-0 via roll call Stage one of phase 1 complete with receipt of reports #dtfa1029
- For reference, the process of step by step (no timeline) #dtfa1029
- Specialized programs currently at DT and Parmenter not included in the report which are important considerations. There is a need for a broader analysis and plan, hesitant to do so without some further discussion on the Parmenter program #dtfa1029
- Turnkey reference makes it seem like it would be simpler than it is. #dtfa1029 awaiting update on demographics from McKibbens to see what he forecast vs. what did happen as of Oct 1. Will be interesting to watch along with housing market activity
- Discussion on complete report out to SchComm before next Nov when the SchComm membership may change. #dtfa1029 very luxurious to meet once a month, should be able to move quicker from here. All depends upon the real state of the pandemic as next year goes
- Maybe able to start putting dates to the steps in the plan moving forward to the decision. Ability to keep the DT folks together is an advantage. #dtfa1029 segway to questionnaire, when to start it, keep it open for a period before closing. Cover letter req'd to frame study
- Discussion on how to determine the end date, when do they have a representative sample of the various groups for the stats; 50% student/family, 50% staff, and 10% community in general. #dtfa1029
- Discussion on info session for next Weds, Nov 4 (would be in conflict with Town Council) same time to start 7 PM, target ending 8:15. #dfta1029 start with demographics, overview not study received, next steps on recommendations, etc.
- #dtfa1029 use of 'chat' (not within Zoom) to enable question capture and used for web page updates. Discussion on use of webinar vs meeting, webinar overly formal, if all could fit in living room with a beverage, that would be great
- Meeting info out Friday, questionnaire goes out Monday, can then follow up at meeting on Weds at meeting #dtfa1029 schedule audio session for radio update. Meeting adjourns via roll call vote 3-0 catch you all next time!
|Davis Thayer Facility Analysis Subcommittee - meeting Recap - Oct 29, 2020|
Post a Comment