This session shares one of three segments for the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: some of the School Committee and Central Office personnel were in the Council Chambers, the remainder of the Committee was remote via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
I’ve split the two hour and forty minute meeting into three logical segments:
- First - covers the opening through the Discussion Action Items (approx. 53 minutes)
- ** Second ** - picks up Discussion Only Items; the budget update, K-1 return alternatives, and re-opening through the School Committee members comments only (approx. 55 minutes)
- Third - picks up the community comments on re-opening and run through the remainder of the meeting (approx. 52 minutes)
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda and to my notes. The meeting packet folder will hold the other documents released for the meeting (as we go to press, the Superintendent’s Report is not yet updated)
Let’s listen to this segment of the School Committee meeting of Dec 8, 2020
Meeting packet folder
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|Superintendent Sara Ahern provides an update at a recent SchComm meeting|