Via Twitter and our subscription to HockomockSports.com, we share the results of the fall sports competition for Franklin High School on Tuesday, Sep 26, 2023.
Boys Soccer = North Attleboro, 1 @ Franklin, 1 – Final
– It seemed as though Franklin found the winner after scoring with just under 10 minutes to go but the Rocketeers found some more late game magic to equalize with less than a minute to play and grab a key point on the road. The game stayed scoreless for over 70 minutes but the Panthers finally broke through in the 71st minute. Senior Gustavo Martinez bounced a through ball between a pair of North defenders and classmate Gianni Pazvakavambwa latched onto it and snuck a low shot past the keeper to make it 1-0. On a drop ball at midfield, North senior Ethan Almeida played junior Patrick Etienvre short, and he launched a ball to the top of the area. Kaden Burns beat the keeper to the ball and looped a header into the open net to tie the game with under 30 seconds to play.
Girls Soccer = Franklin, 1 @ North Attleboro, 0 – Final
- Despite an excellent performance from North sophomore keeper Riley Buckley in her varsity debut, Franklin was able to score the game’s lone goal and take home the victory. Junior midfielder Ava Villella was the hero for the Panthers, scoring off a corner for her first varsity goal. The win keeps Franklin one game back of KP in the division standings.
Very hard fought 1-0 win against N. Attleboro‼️G2 to Ava V for her first varsity goal and the only goal‼️ Big next game vs. Canton @ HOME 4:00
Volleyball = Franklin, 3 vs. Lincoln-Sudbury, 0 – Final
– Franklin made it seven straight sweeps to start the season, this time taking down Lincoln-Sudbury, 3-0 (25-18, 25-19, 25-21). Sasha Tracey (16 assists) and Brooke Daniels (14 assists) set the offense in motion for the Panthers, who got 18 digs, 13 kills, and a pair of aces from Taylor Lacerda and 12 kills and 17 digs from Makayla Kuykendall. Jen Soohoo and Grace Lacerda each chipped in with five kills apiece.
Franklin wins in three sets against a talented Lincoln- Sudbury team!FHS JV and Freshman both posted wins as well. https://twitter.com/FHS_VB_Boosters/status/1706813984744050730
Golf = Franklin, 152 @ North Attleboro, 156 – Final
- Franklin secured a key division win in a competitive match at Heather Hill, taking down Kelley-Rex rival North Attleboro. Senior Tyler O’Brien (birdie) and junior Caden Sullivan split medalist honors after each shooting a 36 on the day. CJ Steel, Jack Nelson, and Liam Lewandowski each had a birdie and finished at 40 for the Panthers. Tyson Laviano and Ishan Kohli led the Rocketeers at 38 apiece, and Ryan Backner and Matthew Reilly both came in at 40 for the day.
Panthers get back on winning track with a huge road win at Heather Hills CC over North Attleborough 152-156Tyler O'Brien & Caden Sullivan both with 36'sCJ Steel, Jack Nelson & Liam Lewandowski each shot 40.Panthers go to 8-1 on the season.
Boys Cross Country = Franklin, 22 @ King Philip, 33
- On top of Jonathan Pink’s win, Franklin had four of the next six runners cross to earn a win on the road at King Philip. Pink crossed the finish line first in 16:52 while Jason Huff was third overall at 17:07. The Panthers secured key points with Andrew Scotland (fifth, 17:24), Jack Halter (sixth, 17:41), and Joshua Diehl (seventh, 17:49) crossing in order.
Tough hard fought meet today by the boys team who pulled out ahead of KP 22-33. Top athletes were Pink (1st), Huff (3rd), Scotland (5th), Halter (6th), and J. Diehl (7th). Shout out to KP who gave us a great race and congrats to J. Halter who earned the athlete of the meet! https://twitter.com/FranklinHSXC/status/1706836815322210454
Girls Cross Country = Franklin, 18 @ King Philip, 42
- Franklin took five of the top six spots to run away with a win over King Philip. Fiona Morrison and Alex Batla crossed the finish line together at 20:42 to take key points for the Panthers while KP’s Cheyanne Kelley was third overall just behind at 20:49. Abby Baker, Katie Sweeney, and Emma Pruitt crossed in order, taking fourth, fifth, and sixth, respectively. Rachel Bailer (seventh) and Keira Evans (ninth) added top 10 finishes for the Warriors.
Franklin Girls XC defeats KP 18-42. They were led by the duo of Morrison(1st) and Batla(2), in the 3.03 Mile Race. Other scorers included Baker (4th), Sweeney (5th) and Pruitt (6th). The Franklin Girls’ record is 3-0 in the Hockomock League’s Kelley- Rex Division.
For other results around the league (subscription required)
Reminder that HockomockSports.com changed to a subscription model in July. I have a subscription to view and share the FHS results that they provide. If you want to view all the worth Hockomock League reporting they do, subscribing is a good thing. It is quite reasonable. The subscription link is provided below.
To subscribe to HockomockSports.com ->
|FHS Panther sports results shared via subscription to HockomockSports.com|