Franklin School Committee Meeting
February 26, 2008
Municipal Building – Council Chambers
Call to order Mr. Roy
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
1. Routine Business
· Citizen’s Comments
· Review of Agenda
I recommend approval of the minutes from the February 12, 2008 School Committee Meeting.
· Payment of Bills Mr. Kelly
· Payroll Ms. Armenio
· FHS Student Representatives
1. Letter to Oak St. School from Franklin Food Pantry
2. Letter from Franklin Recreation Advisory Committee
a. Representative James Vallee – Foundation Budget
b. Kaestle Boos – FHS Feasibility Report
c. FY 2009 Budget Presentation
d. FY 2007 & FY 2008 Budget Transfers
3. Discussion Only Items
· FY 2009 Budget
4. Action Items:
1. I recommend the School Committee enter into an agreement with Dr. George Ladd/Lynch Graduate School of Education, Boston College to collaborate on the Strategic Plan and district improvement.
2. I recommend approval of School Committee Policy KCD – Donation of Non-Budgeted Gifts.
3. I recommend acceptance of two checks from Follett Educational Services from surplus books: $13.32 for the Parmenter Elementary School gift account and $22.00 for the JF Kennedy gift account.
4. I recommend acceptance of budget transfers to close out FY 2007 as detailed.
5. I recommend acceptance of FY 2008 Budget of $54,626,000.
6. I recommend acceptance of FY 2008 budget transfers as detailed.
7. I recommend acceptance of two checks from Ohiopyle Prints, Inc. for the FHS gift account in the amounts of $88.12 and $22.26.
5. Information Matters:
· Superintendent’s Report
b. FY2009 Budget
c. FHS Feasibility Study
d. MetroWest Health Survey Update
e. Audit Recommendation Update
· School Committee Sub-Committee Reports
· School Committee Liaison Reports
6. New Business:
· To discuss future business that may be brought before the School Committee.
7. Executive Session
· Personnel Matters