Via @HockomockSports and Twitter, we share the results of the FHS fall sports playoff action on Tuesday, Nov 9, 2021
Girls Soccer - Division 1 = #13 Brookline, 2 @ #4 Franklin, 0 – Final
Josh Perry, Managing Editor of HockomockSports.com, provides the game recap:
"The team felt like mirror images of each other. From the formations to the strength of the lineups, the style of play, it was like the Spiderman meme come to life on a soccer pitch. In a game that is so evenly matched, sometimes it takes a moment of brilliance to decide the outcome.On Tuesday night at Pisini Stadium, it was Brookline that had that moment. A 59th minute strike by Eleanor Bergstein proved to be the difference, with the Warriors adding another in the final minute, to secure a 2-0 win over No. 4 seed Franklin and reach the Div. 1 quarterfinal.“They’re a good team, we’re a good team, we play very similar games, it just wasn’t our night,” said Franklin coach Jodi Klein. “It was very, very even, but that’s what every game is going to be like when you get to this level. They had two chances and they capitalized on them. If we had capitalized on the ones we had, we’d be in a different spot.”The game featured few chances for either team, but it was the Panthers who had the better looks in the first half."
Continue reading the recap -> https://hockomocksports.com/franklin-girls-soccer-cant-finish-chances-bows-out-in-sweet-sixteen/
– For a Photo Gallery from this match -> https://hockomocksports.smugmug.com/2021-2022/Fall-2021/Franklin-Brookline-Girls-Soccer-11-09-21/
Field Hockey - Division 1 = #13 Central Catholic, 0 @ #4 Franklin, 2 – Final
– Franklin scored just minutes before halftime to jump ahead and tacked on a key insurance goal in the final moments to knock off visiting Central Catholic. After a scoreless first quarter, Franklin freshman Raena Crandall scored with just over two minutes before halftime to give the hosts the lead. Junior Kaitlyn Carney sealed the win by scoring with just under four minutes to play. Head coach Michelle Hess praised the efforts of midfielders Sophia Cuneo and Emily Carney as well as defender Kate O’Rourke for their stellar play. Megan Sullivan had four huge saves to keep the Panthers in front.
– For a Photo Gallery from this game -> https://hockomocksports.smugmug.com/2021-2022/Fall-2021/Franklin-Central-Catholic-Field-Hockey-11-09-21/
Volleyball - Division 1 =#16 Shrewsbury, 0 @ #1 Franklin, 3 – Final
We follow the Twitter thread from Jen Edmunds for the volleyball game (https://twitter.com/FHSTrainingRoom)
- Just about game time in Franklin. @Franklin_VBall is taking on Shrewsbury. @FHS_FH_02038 is taking on Central Catholic
- After a back and forth beginning, Franklin leads Shrewsbury 12-9 in the first set.
- Time out Shrewsbury. Panthers lead the Colonials 23-17 in Game 1
- Franklin takes game 1 25-20 over Shrewsbury.
- Franklin leads Shrewsbury 19-15 in Game 2
- Franklin takes Game 2, 25-19 over Shrewsbury. The Panthers lead the match 2-0
- Franklin leads game 3, 10-5 over Shrewsbury
- Franklin sweeps Shrewsbury 3-0, winning final game 25-8
For other results around the Hockomock League
|Freshman Kelly O’Connor chases down a ball in the Franklin attack. The Panthers fell 2-0 to Brookline in the Round of 16. (HockomockSports.com)|