FM #1086 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 1086 in the series.
This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, October 18, 2023. All 9 members of the Council participated, 1 remotely (Frongillo).
(1) Town Clerk provided updates on the upcoming Oct 24 election for the new Tri-County school building and the Biennial Town election on Nov 7. Both votes will take place at the High School. Folks can vote early in the Town Clerk's office during business hours
(2) the swearing in of the new round of hires (backfill replacements) for the Police Dept. along with the introduction of Kallie Montagano who returns to the Dept in a new role as the Co-Response Program continues to grow. And last but not least, the introduction of Frankie, the departments new therapy dog
(3) approval of the license changes to enable Bob Vozzella to expand into his new space and operate with his farmers licenses for wine and beer
(4) impactful and moving update from Jennifer Knight-Levine, CEO and cofounder of the SAFE Coalition on their work. The audio segment of her presentation along with the Q&A with the Council is shared separately. Her update includes the expansion of their work in meeting the needs of our community into handling the migrant housing needs -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2023/10/jen-knight-levine-updates-council-on.html
(5) Town Administrator Jamie Hellen's update on the migrant status will also be shared separately as an audio segment
a. Police Department - Swearing In of New Patrol Officers
i. Officer Parker Luther
ii. Officer Joseph Medina
iii. Officer Robert Young
iv. Officer Martin Zimei
b. Police Department - Introductions
i. Kallie Montagano, Co-Response Program Manager
ii. Frankie, Therapy Dog
The recording runs 1 hour and 47 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on Oct 18, 2023. Audio link -> https://franklin-ma-matters.captivate.fm/episode/fm-1086-franklin-ma-town-council-mtg-10-18-23
The Franklin TV video is available for replay -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-7D1fTJLhY
Town Council agenda doc -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif10036/f/agendas/town_council_agenda_10.18.23.pdf
Photo album of the police introductions and swearing in ->
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"