Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM, join MAPC and the Town of Franklin for the next Franklin For All hybrid public forum.
This event will take place at THE BLACK BOX (15 West Central Street) and over Zoom. Weigh in on draft zoning recommendations and learn about next steps for the rezoning effort. Doors to The Black Box open at 6:00 PM.
To participate & comment:
To view/watch only:
- in person at THE BLACK BOX
- via Zoom (registration required to get link (and ensure on mailing list))
Yes, it is the same broadcast starting on Zoom, then feeding out to the various channels of delivery to you at home or wherever on your device.
Yes, it would have been nice to have the recommendations in advance to review and prepare questions & comments. That has not happened; little will change that at this point. What we can do is be patient to listen to what is revealed as a recommendation or recommendations.
Whatever is revealed may take time to digest.
The best response may well be quiet, thoughtful absorption of what they reveal.
As mentioned in other meetings, whatever is recommended will be digested and discussed at future Economic Development meetings.
It will take time to determine what if any changes will be made to the downtown zoning. Those zoning changes also will take time.
How much time will it take?
The Town will need
- proposal to be drafted by the Dept of Planning and Community Development
- reviewed by the Economic Development Committee (EDC) (may be more than 1 meeting)
- when ready EDC will forward to the Town Council
- the Town Council discuss but decide to refer to the Planning Board for two readings & hearing before Planning Board returns the proposal with recommendation(s) to Town Council
- the Town Council will also hold two readings and hearing to review and discuss such before final vote (to accept or reject)
So it will be good to see what MAPC proposes but this is really the START of the process if anything will change.
|How to comment or watch the Franklin For All event today|