FM #472 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 472 in the series.
This session shares the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: some of the School Committee members, Central Office personnel, and key guests were in the Council Chambers; the remainder, along with the public, were remote via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
I’ve split the just over two hour and fifty minute meeting into three logical segments:
- First - covers the opening through the JF Kennedy presentation (approx. 1 hour 9 minutes)
- *** Second segment *** Presentation - Town Administrator Jamie Hellen, Health Director Cathleen Liberty, Fire Chief Jim McLaughlin covering the COVID-19 vaccine status update (approx. 43 mins)
- Third - from Town Administrator Jamie Hellen and Facilities Director Mike D’Angelo on the UVGI filters installation update through to the end of the public meeting (approx. 58 minutes)
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda and to my notes. The meeting packet folder will hold the other documents released for the meeting (as we go to press, the Superintendent’s Report is not yet posted to the meeting folder)
Let’s listen to this segment of the School Committee meeting of Feb 23, 2021
Audio file = https://player.captivate.fm/episode/f7c6e24c-08ae-4475-9339-50106de96a08
Meeting packet folder
My notes from the meeting
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|Fire Chief Jim McLaughlin updates on the vaccine readiness|
Post a Comment