This session of the radio show shares the Town of Franklin, MA Finance Committee meeting held on Wednesday, Feb 24, 2021.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: the Finance Committee members and key guests were in the Council Chambers; the remainder, along with the public, were remote via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- Quick overview of the ambulance rates and rationale behind them from Chief McLaughlin
- Overview of the recent truck purchase process and the life cycle of trucks on the front line, in reserve and eventual disposition as surplus
- Great overview of the debt and borrowing status for Franklin, heard previously at the Town Council meeting but great info on exclusions and non-excluded debt and how it is fiscally planned for and managed; the Town has a great credit rating which confirms the overall fiscal prudence shown by the Town
- Discussion on future topics including adding two sessions to the budget hearing cycle (now four meetings instead of two)
Agenda and documents released for this meeting https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif591/f/agendas/fincom_agenda_02-24-21_updated.pdf
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"
|FM #474 - Finance Committee Mtg - 02/24/21 (audio)|