Vision (Hopes and dreams for the future)
- Franklin Public Schools is committed, through its educational mission, to building an anti-biased and socially-just school system. Members of our school community commit to the process of listening, learning, acting, and reflecting in order to
- affirm the diversity among community members;
- promote equity and accountability by providing resources and opportunities and reducing barriers to success;
- foster a safe and inclusive school environment so that each student and faculty/staff member truly belongs and is empowered to participate in decision-making.
- As a system and as individuals, we are responsible for proactively taking steps to prevent bias; similarly we are responsible for illuminating and addressing bias and discrimination when incidents occur. As a result, each student in Franklin Public Schools will have equitable opportunities to achieve Franklin’s Portrait of a Graduate. https://www.franklinps.net/sites/g/files/vyhlif4431/f/uploads/portrait_of_a_graduate_.pdf
- Diversity is a reflection of the uniqueness of an individual’s identity, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and values, and the fluidity through which each may evolve. Some examples include, but are not limited to, a person’s race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, religious beliefs, culture, national origin, disability and cognitive styles.
- Equity involves each individual being able to attain the attributes of Franklin’s Portrait of a Graduate.
- Inclusion is consistently ensuring that individuals belong in the school community by authentically seeking out, valuing, and respecting their input particularly regarding decisions that affect theirs and others’ lives.
|Franklin Public Schools: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee schedules "Deep Dive" Nov 19|